Friday, December 10, 2004

Flipping a Little

Well, I've been slagging off everyone here for the past month, but I guess it's my turn to be in the spotlight. Today was the day when everything happened to me.

In the morning, during VANAS Field Day, I did my first of two things. Calabria and I were walking towards the gym for the awards ceremony when to my surprise Ms. Little appears, walking the opposite way. What's my reaction? I flip. That's right, I flip. I mean, flip literally. And yes, it did hurt my back a little, but I made a flip. How crazy am I? Who FLIPS? Some of the guys will know why, but I never thought that I would flip. Ahh... I'm just messed up, you know?

Fast forward to study hall, if you like. There Daniel and I went out to the field to take some measurements, and once we had finished the measurements, I noticed that there was an unused shovel in the bucket. I started breaking down small pieces of wood and then hitting them across the arroyo with the shovel. However, there was a one time when I angled the shovel upwards, and when I hit the piece of wood it went directly upwards and struck me in the middle of the forehead. It hurt, you know? Daniel of course laughed his head off, and honestly who wouldn't have with the stupidity I performed? It just wasn't my day...