Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Extracurricular Activities

Well, nothing interesting happened in school today, I mean nothing, literally... that's maybe because we didn't have Psychology today. However, outside of school a couple of whacky things happened. I'll fill you in.

The first thing happened when Rodrigo and I were on our way to school for the Choir recital. Somehow we were discussing the origins of Mr. Rugg (ie where he comes from) and Rodrigo first said California, but then he took it back and stated that he was from Chicago, or somewhere around there. And then he said that no, he wasn't from Chicago, but instead from somewhere else... like Illinois. Uhm, may I remind the Brazilian that Chicago is IN Illinois... but well, you don't learn that in geography class in Brazil. Or maybe he's not from Brazil, maybe he's from Rio...

Then on our way back from the recital we stopped at McDonalds to get something to eat. We then made way to my house, and in one of the traffic light stops, this little girl (a beggar) starts coming forward and Rodrigo just puts up with windows. So rata... but yeah, it's all about the security issues. But that's not it, he then tells her that he doesn't have anything (again, security reason) but it happens that I'm holding the McDonalds bags on my lap, clearly visible to the little girl... I wonder how that looks, these guys telling you that they don't have a Bolivar to spare when they're holding food in their hands, hmmm.... I then tell Rodrigo that we're being ratas, thing that he knows, but then I add "you know what would be more rata? If we said no and we were eating the food at the same time." Can't you just see us doing that? "No, no tenemos nada" . Now THAT would be bastardly. NOTE: we wouldn't really do such a thing. I believe it is wrong and despicable that somebody would so something like that. It was just mentioned as a joke conversation.