Monday, July 11, 2005

In the End...

Well, this is the end, fellows. This will be the last ever post on the Tales of 2005. I can't say I have much left as I put all of the old stories on Old Fun on past posts, so I've ran out of ammo (check the blue in most entries... those are perhaps the best moments of the Class of 2005). But I do have one left, and since we are finished with school and I will probably not see anyone again, then well, I'm going to make fun of myself. And no, it's not Maracaibo, that's already been accounted for in Old Fun.

Okay, so this was in junior year. I stayed over Tiny's place with Rodrigo, Eduardo and Calabria, I believe. I'm not sure who was there, but Eduardo was for sure (no kidding...). So we had a few Soleras in the fridge and a couple of movies lying around, so we started drinking while watching the movies. We made a mistake, though. We were all drinking at Calabria's pace, and I know that I wasn't tolerant enough to do that... so I had 5 soleras (verdes) almost back to back to back to back to back... and it really hit me hard. I think that was my first borrachera (hey, my tolerance was low then) and I got a bit dizzy and very sleepy. So well, I fall asleep and wake up the next day early because I had to go to community service. So I manage to wake up with my first ever hangover and I see that everyone else is asleep and I have to get to school. So well, it isn't that bad, Tiny lives relatively close to school. So I get changed (I think... I might not have...) and start walking towards the school. So I'm walking on a street that has no sidewalks, so I'm walking to the side of the road, not knowing what's gonna happen to me. And no, I didn't get raped. Well, I hear this car honk at me, but unlike the others it actually slows down until it comes to a rest right next to me. Then it comes "Hey, James, hop on, I'll give you a ride." Now who do you think it was? Yep, it was my Health teacher, Mr. Briggs. What are the odds? So I hop on, smelling all like alcohol and endure the two minute trip. I tried to speak the least I could so he wouldn't smell my breath, and I think I got away with it. That's what I think, anyway... he might've known and didn't say anything (like that Maracaibo incident...).

Well, so we go to the park with the little kids and I just sit around, trying to ignore them all and trying not to yell at them for bothering me (hangover + kids is not a good mix). So that was perhaps the most unproductive community service ever... not to mention the longest.


Well that was the last story to be told on this blog. Thank you for reading. The 14 years of CIC have been a great experience, as you can see. Lots of weird shit going on. I'd like to thank all the people that have made this possible (most notably Tiny and Rodrigo) and all my friends for their support all these years.


Take care everyone,


James
The Insider