Sunday, July 10, 2005

A Tribute to: Damasio

Well, I'm done with the teachers, but I thought I'd dedicate a whole entry to Mr. Damasio just because of making us laugh so much. Although there have been other teachers that we will remember, Mr. Damasio will always be remembered for his peculiar way of speaking. He's a good man, don't get me wrong, but he's funny as hell.

Most of the things he's said, I haven't been around to listen to them personally as most of them have occured in soccer practice or in soccer games (and although I kick ass at soccer, I don't play in the team to give the other kids a chance... ).

I was going to write a paragraph with each saying to explain them, but I tried and it just takes the humour out of the things he said, so I'm just going to list them with a brief explanation.


-"Don't fart in your rooms" (presumably trying to say "don't party in your rooms")

-"There is no heroe in this team, you're all heroes" (talking to the VANAS boy's All-Star team)

-"one-zero is the same as one hundred-zero" (just the same as skipping is the same as running, right?)

-"you know, you guys, if you're winning, you have to act... like actors. take time, don't run..." (so South American...)

-"Marcella Heemsen: ten goals. Swimming pool: one goal" (no clue)

-"Jorge is very skilly" (I bet he is)

-"grass is tall" (yeah, it's going through puberty)

-"the goalie is triple scared than you are"


And that's the only saying I have to say.